Webinar #7 - Market Impacts: Supply Chain Disruptions in Materials Markets
Webinars #7 through #10 allow audience members to better understand the impacts of the pandemic on high-tech markets. Webinar #7 focuses on supply chain disruptions to materials used in the high-tech sector.
May 19, 2020, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Starts 8 AM Local Time San Francisco, USA
Welcome and Introductions
Overview: Understanding the Disease and Its Impact
Framework to Assess Impacts of the Pandemic on the High-Tech Sector
The Critical Role of Materials in the High-Tech Sector
- Introduction to the Materials Market from Extraction to Wafers & Bulk Materials
- The Role of Materials in the Manufacturing of EEE Objects (i.e. Components and Assemblies)
Understanding the Impact of COVID-19: A Focus on Material Suppliers
- COVID-19’s Impact on Customer Demand
- Essential Employees: Determining Who Remains On-Site
- Minimizing Risks to Employees While Ensuring Productivity
- Manufacturing & Facility Operations During Uncertain Times
- The Role of Redundancy in Mitigating Site Closures
- Stability of the Supply Chain
- Synchronization Across the Value Chain
- Access to Capital and Markets
- Working with Government to Address Pandemic Impacts
Actions Taken to Alleviate COVID-19 Impacts to Customers
Roundtable Discussion and Q&A
Conclusions and Next Steps
Lita Shon-Roy, President & CEO, TECHCET / Critical Materials Council of Semiconductor Fabs (CMC Fabs)
To view speaker biographies, please click here.
NOTE: The agenda above is subject to change, especially as our collective knowledge of the impacts of the pandemic improves. A final agenda will be posted here no later than May 1. All webinars will be recorded and made available after the live broadcast.
We are offering discounted rates to members of our partners and sponsors. Please visit our partnership page for more information on participating organizations.
To see your local start time, please click here.