Webinar #5 - Business Continuity: Coronavirus & Complex Global Supply Chains
Welcome and Introductions
Overview: Understanding the Disease and Its Impact
Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on Your Supply Chain
- Complex, Multinational Supply Chains Limit Knowledge of & Ability to Mitigate Upstream Risks
- Success Requires Transparency in the Supply Web
- Global Disease Distribution Causes Supply Chain Disruptions
- Over Reliance on Limited Number of Suppliers Creates Vulnerability
- Reduced Capacity in Supply Chain Results in Shortages of Manufacturing Inputs
Options to Ensure Supply Chain Continuity
- Establishing & Strengthening Relationships Along the Value Web
- Identify and Mitigate Risks through Increased Transparency and Traceability
- Creating or Maintaining Multiple Redundancies to Address Multiple Risks
- Approaches to Managing Manufacturing Inputs: Inventory Control vs. Just-in-Time
- Codes of Conduct as a Risk Management Tool
- Using Contracts to Promote Protective Measures and Supply Chain Viability
Decision-Making Amid Uncertainty: Dealing with Supply Chain Disruptions
- The Value of Information in Locating Risk Within Your Supply Chain
- Collective Action in Times of Crises: Minimizing Exposure & Site Closures in the Supply Web
- Redundant Supply Chains: Balancing Efficiency and Risk Mitigation
- Synchronizing Value Web Closures
- Maintaining Strong Relationships with Stakeholders
- Collaborative Decision-Making Across the Supply Web
Roundtable Discussion and Q&A
Conclusions and Next Steps
Travis Miller, General Counsel, Assent Compliance
To view speaker biographies, please click here.
NOTE: The agenda above is subject to change, especially as our collective knowledge of the impacts of the pandemic improves. A final agenda will be posted here no later than May 1. All webinars will be recorded and made available after the live broadcast.
We are offering discounted rates to members of our partners and sponsors. Please visit our partnership page for more information on participating organizations.
To see your local start time, please click here.