Webinar #4 - Business Continuity: Maintaining Facility Operations During Uncertain Times
Webinars #3 through #6 provide information that allows audience members to address business disruptions caused by coronavirus and to formulate a plan for recovery. Webinar #4 focuses on the impact of COVID-19 on manufacturing and facility operations.
May 12, 2020, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Starts 8 AM Local Time San Francisco, USA
Welcome and Introduction
Overview: Understanding the Disease and Its Impact
Understanding the Impact of COVID-19 on Your Facility
- Operating Safely: Facility Type & Function Determines Employee Risk
- Ensuring Employee Safety with Reduced Staffing Levels
- Managing Multiple Staff in Multiple Locations
- Changing Expectations: From Business as Usual to Reduced Capacity & Possible Shut-Downs
- Re-Starting and Recovery
Options for Preventing Disease Transmission while Promoting Safe Operations
- Instituting Measures from Protective Gear to Monitoring Temperatures
- Staffing and the Role of Redundancy in Maintaining Your Operations
- Slowing Down or Stopping the Production Line
Decision-making Amid Uncertainty: Balancing Exposure & Site Closure
- Ensuring Employee Safety Despite Reduced Staffing Levels
- Surviving Shortages: Reduced Capacity and Access to Materials
- Shutting Down the Site: Balancing Employee Safety and Economic Harm
- Approaches for Safe Shutdowns
- Protecting Facility Assets and Critical Infrastructure
- Returning and Recovery
- Difficult Choices: Conveying Information About Corporate Decisions
- Addressing Safety Concerns with Employees
- Preventing Accidents: The Importance of Clear Communication During Shift Changes
Roundtable Discussion and Q&A
Conclusions and Next Steps
AC Powell, Executive Director & CEO, Association for Facilities Engineering
Aaron Zude, Owner & Principal Consultant, Facilities & Safety Solutions
Steven Fall, Owner & Certified Professional Engineer, AdvantaClean
To view speaker biographies, please click here.
NOTE: The agenda above is subject to change, especially as our collective knowledge of the impacts of the pandemic improves. A final agenda will be posted here no later than May 1. All webinars will be recorded and made available after the live broadcast.
We are offering discounted rates to members of our partners and sponsors. Please visit our partnership page for more information on participating organizations.
To see your local start time, please click here.