Webinar #2 - Understanding the Disease: Effects of the Coronavirus Pandemic on Global Populations
Webinars #1 and #2 provide information that allows audience members to better understand COVID-19 and its impacts. Webinar #2 focuses on the broader impacts to populations and society.
May 06, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Starts 10 AM Local Time San Francisco, USA
Welcome and Introductions
Summary Overview of the Disease: Impact of Coronavirus on the Human Body & COVID-19 Transmission Patterns
Options for Reducing Transmission Rates & Ensuring Public Safety
- Personal Protective Measures
- Building-Related Exposure Mitigation Techniques
- Collective Mechanisms to Reduce Community Exposure: Masks, Social Distancing, and System-Wide Shutdowns
- Targeted Mechanisms for Pandemic Containment from Testing, Contact Tracing and Tracking to Surveillance and Strategic Quarantines
Decision-making Amid Uncertainty: Evaluating the Consequences of Protective Actions
Communication Strategies: Best Practices for Communicating Disease Risks
- Explaining Risk to the Public
- The Importance of Empathy
- Panic and Uncertainty in the Absence of Information
- Providing Context: Comparing COVID-19 Disease Risk to Other Well-Known Hazards
Roundtable Discussion and Q&A
Conclusions and Next Steps
NOTE: The agenda above is subject to change, especially as our collective knowledge of the impacts of the pandemic improves. A final agenda will be posted here no later than May 1. All webinars will be recorded and made available after the live broadcast.
To view confirmed speakers, please click here.
We are offering discounted rates to members of our partners and sponsors. Please visit our partnership page for more information on participating organizations.
To see your local start time, please click here.